Ideas to showcase and promote rangeland diversity, values and rancher stewardship
Let’s all celebrate National Ag Day on the CA Rangeland on March 21
and showcase the values of California ranchers and working rangelands, especially your own ranchers and other rangeland colleagues and constituents. Resources online.
- See CRCC’s website for quick facts, Benefits of Rangeland and Photo Gallery.
- See CRT’s ecosystem services study.
- Follow CRCC Facebook page for posts to easily share. Use your Instagram and Twitter accounts to post something the week of March 19-25.
- Submit a Letter to the Editor, ranch recipe or an op-ed in your paper. Invite a news person to the ranch.
- Make and Share a video from a ranch. Here’s a sample, Settrini Ranch.
- Local Cattlewomen groups seek outreach projects and may partner on a project.
Share one of these videos of nationally-recognized ranch land stewards from your neighborhood. Update it with an interview & photo and share it in paper and social media. Let these be an inspiration to your own stories. National Environmental Stewardship Award Program – CA Awardees, Sparrowk Livestock, Conlan Ranches / True Grass Farms, Work Ranch, Canyon Creek Ranch, Leavitt Lake Ranches, Yolo Land & Cattle, Smith Valley Cattle Feeders / Centennial Livestock, Blanchard Ranch